Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Descent into Science Fiction, Social Commentary, and group multimedia production....

This being my first blog post, I thought it appropriate to explain a bit about myself...

I am a young man, total nerd, frat boy....

I know that this makes no sense, and, compounded with a passion for Opera and American Musical Theatre, I am somewhat of an anomaly...

My passion:

all things creative.

My love:

Music (I also like cats)

My project:

Complete at least the first installment of a Science-Fiction Saga utilizing and collaborating with my brilliant friends, family members and colleagues by the end of Summer 2010.

The purpose of this blog is to reflect and report on a pretty interesting (to me) venture I'm undertaking. Over the course of the summer, I intend to orchestrate, edit, and compile a multimedia science-fiction saga (or at least make some serious headway) complete with commentaries on human intimacy, government, religion, social and civil rights, war and genocide....

This in itself is quite an undertaking, in my opinion...I however intend to go one further and make this happen as a group project and collaboration. I am conducting a sort of experiment to see if varied and diverse creative minds can create one coagulant work with a budget of $0-10.

This work, from here on out, affectionately referred to as "my patchwork nightmare," is truly daunting in scope and exhilarating in nature. The work will include musical composition, Digital and handcrafted fine arts, and varied forms of literary expression to pull off.

The setting, characters, delivery devices, hooks, involved parties, meeting places, beverages of choice, writing supplies, etc. etc. etc. have yet to be pulled together...

and I face a roller-coaster of a time getting it all together, but I hope that readers will enjoy listening, reading and watching this project come to fruition (or a moldy mess) from the ground up.

Friends, we are about to embark on a fantastic voyage!...(I think)

~IHM


No comments:

Post a Comment